Clinics & Services
The practice nurses are happy to see all patients. A referral is not necessary and they can help with the following:
- Health Promotion - smoke stop, weight loss, health screening, breast and testicular examination advice.
- Family Planning Advice
- Health Surveillance - cervical smears, cholesterol levels, blood and urine tests, new patient health checks.
- Chronic Illness Support - diabetes, asthma, heart disease, blood pressure.
- Wound Care - dressings, removal of stitches.
- Minor Injuries/Illness care and advice.
- Immunisations - child, adult and holiday vaccinations.
- Ear Syringing
- General Advice about any ailment or health concern.
- Over 75 check - a general health and wellbeing check to anyone aged over 75
Every patient is reminded about the value of health screening and encouraged to utilise these services.
Chiropody – our patients can be referred to Chiropody department at Yeatman Hospital if you meet their criteria. We have a private Chiropodist who comes in on Tuesday mornings and see's private patients.
Chiropractor - Alison Rigby holds a clinic on Thursday afternoon. Chiropraxy treats back & neck pain, headaches, sciatica, sports injuries or joint pains. Appointments at the surgery are made by contacting her Wincanton Clinic.
Physiotherapy - Every Thursday morning and afternoon. The practice physiotherapist sees only those patients who have been referred by a doctor. Complex conditions are referred to the Physiotherapy Department at Yeovil District Hospital. There is great demand for these appointments - if you cannot attend please inform us as soon as possible.