Training tomorrow's medical staff at Newland Medical practice
We are very pleased that we are a training practice. This has benefits to the practice and to patients as it brings in new ideas and keeps everyone up to date with the latest knowledge.
We have various students
- 6th form students gaining work experience and hoping to go to medical school
- Medical students from Bristol University and Barts Medical School
- Practice nurse students from Bournemouth University
We very much value your support and help when these students are present.
We also have fully qualified doctors who are expanding their knowledge and experience. They offer appointments on their own and are supervised and supported by the partners.
- F2 doctors are in their second year of working after qualifying as a doctor. They are with us for four months.
Sometimes you may be offered an appointment with one of our trainee doctors, or your usual doctor may have a student sitting in with them. If you object, please let our staff know.
- GP registrars have completed at least two years of work as a doctor (often considerably more) and are undertaking further work and training to become GP's. They are with us for six to twelve months.